Attestation is mandatory for life abroad.
It is done to prove that the certificate is genuine.
Marriage certificate is the certificate
issued from any panchayats, corporations,
etc of the concerned state.
Any other marriage certificate issued from any
local/private authority or departments cannot be
taken for attestation.
A marriage certificate is the most crucial document of your marriage
Main purposes of marriage certificate attestation
For issuing family visa:
This is one of the main purposes of marriage certificate attestation. Once the person decides to take his/her spouse abroad, marriage certificate need to be attested to prove its genuinity. The steps include the Notary home for Kerala, which is done from Secretariat, at Trivandrum. Second step of the process is done from MEA or Ministry of External Affairs, and third is the Embassy attestation.
- Documents Required to apply for a Marriage Certificate
- An original invitation card of your marriage
- Documents related to age of applicants like birth certificate or class X marksheet
- driving license, ration card, voter ID card or bill of landline phone or electricity bill which is a proof of current residence
- Two Photographs depicting the matrimonial ceremony of the applicants.
- Three witnesses of marriage in whose presence marriage has taken place.
For adding spouse name to existing passport: Another major need for marriage certificate attestation arises when a person need to add his/her spouse name to the existing passport. In this case also marriage certificate need to be attested. This is done to prove that the certificate is genuine. Urogulf attestation services provide 100% genuine marriage certificate attestation services